Pages

Welcome to Jack's Painting!

Specializing Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Historics.


Thursday, July 12, 2012

I am in Crisis..... Suit

Just a general hobby update.

Finished off the first of my three XV8 Crisis Suits


I went for the Bleached Bone head that will hopefully denote their "Elite" Status.  How does the pose look?







Then look what turned up in the mail yesterday!


This is very exciting as I can finally write up a list for my Lamenters.

These are though times and there are quite a few cool characters in that book.  The only option?  Find some bits and cue the music!

First off is the illustrious Capt Tyco.  I love the idea behind a hero who sustains a fall in the classical sense. So here is my "Counts as"  Tyco.

The lightning claw is supposed to be his dead man's hand.



What do you guys think? He still needs quite a bit of paint work done.  However, I am very pleased with the model.  The best part is that he can count as a regular captain for lower point games.

Next up is Chief Librarian Mephiston. 




The base model is from the DA range, but i believe that he will work for a librarian.  I wanted to create a pose that is suitably epic.  Besides the Mephiston model sucks..... mullets are so 1980s

What do you guys think of "counts as" characters?  

Thanks for dropping by.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment