Pages

Welcome to Jack's Painting!

Specializing Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Historics.


Wednesday, May 11, 2011

40 Ork Challange- Day Two

Sorry this post is coming a day late, I got caught up painting Dark Eldar.

While the challenge is to paint 40 Orks by this Friday the 13th.  Ominous no?

*Note* it is important to give credit where credit is due. All of the nice quality pictures on this blog were taken by Owen.  I am all fingers and thumbs when it comes to cameras. If you have any questions about photography, be sure to shoot us an email and I will pass it along to Owen.


I would have to say that Owen has been the brains behind this operation. From working out the scheme to assisting with the actual painting.  There has been nothing but support.  I wish everyone out there could have as awesome of a partner is crime painting. 



In light of the DE commission, Owen was nice enough to help me whip up some test models. 








Compare our two figures
Owen
Dave



As you can see from this guy, my highlighting got a little out of control. Be sure that if you mix white in as your highlight color, that you do not go over 1:1. Owen, on the left used an appropriate amount of white to highlight the figure.  The result is top notch skin in comparison to my Better Homes & Gardens Ork.

While none of these are finished or based, they do show the general idea of the paint scheme.


What is better than Boyz?  MORE BOYZ!!!!!


I would have to strongly recommend Sandwyrm's Color Theory article over on The Back 40k.  This is an awesome collection of articles that really explain how colors work together on the model.  I would highly recommend giving it a read.


C&C appriciated,

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Happy Trails

No comments:

Post a Comment