Pages

Welcome to Jack's Painting!

Specializing Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Historics.


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dark Eldar Commission: Incubi Upadate


I spent most of today working on the Incubi.  As they are an elite unit, I put much more effort into these five models.  Honestly I wanted to see how well I could paint them.  I employed several techniques that I have not yet used on this blog.

The Incubi are wonderful models.  My only issue with them, other than the ones raised in the previous post,  is the nature of the poses.  It seems like they are both static and fluid at the same time.  If you look at the cloth and the upper bodies of two of the poses, they look as though they are attacking.  However, if you look at the legs, they are completely static. 
Fluid but Static

For those looking for the paint scheme and the paint scheme alone. Here ya go!  Paint Scheme

Here are several work-in-progress shots for those who like that type of thing. 

Basecoat
The model was first given a wash of Chaos Black, and was then bascoated with Necron Abyss.  As you can see in the picture, my basecoat brush is quite large.  It is a Citadel "Large Brush." I find that by using a larger brush I am able to move quickly through what can be a very tedious stage of painting.
The following pictures are the progression and development of the model.
Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 2.5

Stage 3

Stage 4 and shot of cloth

Stage 5 and almost done
Well there you have it.  These models are fun to paint and almost done. I will base them up soon enough and get some quality pictures up.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned,
Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment