Pages

Welcome to Jack's Painting!

Specializing Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Historics.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wood Elves

Here are some Wood Elves I did up for fun.

Completed all of these in about a night. I think they turned out fairly well.

The general idea with these guys was to see how quickly I could produce a tabletop mini.  With these I laid down the basecoat colors, gave it all a wash of Badab Black liberally all over the model.  After it finished drying I went back and drybrushed or layered all of the the original colors.  Following that I mixed a 1:1 of the base color and white to use as a highlight. The gems were painted with Gloss Varnish


I thought this guy came out better than all of the rest.  The face and gems seem to pull it together in my opinion.



The backpack was painted Snakebite Leather








I have to say that this face and hood/cape thing did not turn out as well as I would have liked.  It seems a little flat and one dimensional.



Thanks for looking,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment