Pages

Welcome to Jack's Painting!

Specializing Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and Historics.


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dark Eldar Commission: Cronos Parasite Engine- Finished


Phew, what a busy few days it has been, completing the Venom Challenge on Saturday, then starting and finishing the Parasite Engine over the last two days, I am about ready for something other than Dark Eldar. Alas, no rest for the weary.... But there is always a bright side, in this case new pictures!!

One of the first things I loved about this model were the chest and arms.  I attempted to replicate the purplish hue that is found on the GW minis.  Here are a few WIP shots.

Right Side

Head on

Left Side
Through out the whole process, this guy was an absolute terror to hold.  I would STRONGLY suggest painting it in it's various components. It will help reduce breakage and smudging fingerprints.


The chest and skin was by far the most fun to paint. I started off with a solid basecoat of Deneb Stone, followed by a light wash of Leviathan Purple (the GW purple wash).  After that I build up gradual layers of Deneb Stone and a mix of Deneb Stone and white.

The tentacles were a huge pain. On the front two I took my time and layered each coat of paint.  This was very time consuming, and in my opinion, did not produce great results.


  The line highlights were done in the same manner as all of the other ones in this army, one thick line of Adeptus Battlegrey, followed by a thinner line of Codex Grey. 

It is almost a necessity to paint this kit with the various "torture racks" and "bits  and bobs" attached to bits of sprue.  I glued the side bits in to early and as a result broke most of them off several times. 

 This back spirt caster was painted with the same color scheme as with the other greens like on the Incubi blades. The metal was done with Tin Bitz, Dwarf Bronze and a wash of Devlin Mud. 
I decided to do something a little different with the lower or leg tentacles.  A simple drybrush of all of the skin colors worked out wonderfully, and I don't think the difference is noticeable.
As with all of the other colors in this Dark Eldar army, the green, silver and bronze bits were all done in the same fashion. I hope that this will promote some sense of unity within the force.








Al Capone- American Gangster
Cronos- Parasite Engine
















"Here is looking at you fella'"
Striking Resemblance, no?

Thanks for tuning in for your daily dose of humor and American trivia.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment